Few settings questions

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
MJU20
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Few settings questions

Post by MJU20 »

A few quick questions for certain settings:

- I have changed the ribbon (a feature I've always hated in Microsoft products) and by accident I've added an empty "command icons" title on the toolbar.
I can't remove it.. If I remove it in the customise ribbon, the whole thing comes back the next time I open FC.

- Great thing in FC9 (I wonder who suggested it :-) ) is the creation of a directory with all the project files in it. Great improvement!
But, can I change the place where it generates the new directory? Is it the "create an embedded project backup file folder" in the global settings?
I just want to have control where FC stores (creates) the new folder.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Few settings questions

Post by Steve-Matrix »

For the ribbon issue, I don't know what to suggest other than a manual registry edit. The registry location that contains the customised ribbon data is here:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\BCGPRibbons
You could try shutting Flowcode and deleting that specific location. But as with all registry edits, be careful and only do this if you feel comfortable doing it!

The location for compiler output is the first option in the "locations" tab of global options. By default, this is set to "$(srcdir)" which is the same folder as your project file. If you change it to something else, all files created by Flowcode except the Flowcode project file itself will be stored in that other location. This includes the C code file, all compiler output and the final HEX file. Note that this folder needs to already exist and Flowcode will currently not create a new folder automatically for you.

MJU20

Post by MJU20 »

Thank you Steve,

But the whole thing is in the Quick Access Toolbar.
I made the changes in the ribbon (I thought), would it be safe to remove another register location?

Thanks again

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

To reset the QAT so it shows nothing, change the REG_BINARY "QuickAccessToolbarCommands" entry in the following location to "00 00":

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\BCGPRibbons\BCGRibbonBar-59398

MJU20

Post by MJU20 »

I will PM you Steve..