Flowcode 9 Dark Theme Quick Access Toolbar icons color

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
miggarc
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode 9 Dark Theme Quick Access Toolbar icons color

Post by miggarc »

Hi Matrix Staff

I love flowcode 9 dark theme and I think all color combination are right except for one, very important, aspect:

Yes, you know, not only from the post tittle but also from your own experience, Flowcode 9 Dark Theme Quick Access
Toolbar icons color turn them barely visible and consequently difficult to rapidly distinguish them by their meaning,
which is this tollbar main objective, isn't it ?

As a "mental" refresh, please focus on the top left corner from the attached image.

Please download it so you can view it at 1:1 zoom.

Of course, if I change to light theme all this problem is gone: here you can see every Quick Access Toolbar icon
details in a blink of an eye.

My suggestion is:

Please, change Quick Access Toolbar icons color to a lighter one or at least give us this option on settings.

Lots of thanks in advance,
Attachments
Screenshot-dark-theme__.jpg
Screenshot-dark-theme__.jpg (74.2 KiB) Viewed 1955 times

Many thanks in advance,

Miguel Garcia,
Electronic Systems Developer

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 9 Dark Theme Quick Access Toolbar icons color

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks for the suggestion. I think the colour of the QAT icons has to be the same as the normal ribbon icons, but I will see what we can do to improve them.

miggarc

Post by miggarc »

Hi Steve

The ribbon icons are perfectly distinguishable, even in Dark Theme with current color, as they are really much bigger than QAT icons.

The problem is really QAT icons dark theme poor perception, because they are small (as they should be, off course).

If you need to change both simultaneously ( ribbon and QAT icons ) to solve this, I think a more or less light grey shade color (for dark theme) would be advantageous, as this will turn QTA ( and ribbon ) icons visibility to very good and, on the other hand, as both ( ribbon and QAT icons ) have thin contour lines a light contour color would not cause eye strain (again, I'm talking only about dark theme, where the problem resides) .

Do you think Matrix can come up with a solution on a near future version 9 update ?

Many thanks in advance,

Miguel Garcia,
Electronic Systems Developer

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks - I will keep your comments in mind when we redo the icons.
miggarc wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:08 pm
Do you think Matrix can come up with a solution on a near future version 9 update ?
To be honest, I think that is unlikely. We do plan a new update of v9 in the next few months, but I'm not sure we want to redo the icons at this stage and any changes we make to the icons will likely become part of a future v10 release.