Hide password in flowchart

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
MJU20
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Hide password in flowchart

Post by MJU20 »

Feature request..

Hide password in certain macro properties..
For instance the "Connect to SSID" macro (like for the ESP32), shows the login data for my Wifi network in the flowchart.

If someone looks at this chart, they know my login.
I sometimes work with a friend on a project, but this doesn't mean he has to know my login if this Flowcode chart is open.
Nieuw-1.jpg
Nieuw-1.jpg (46.98 KiB) Viewed 2253 times

kersing
Valued Contributor

Re: Hide password in flowchart

Post by kersing »

You could put the password in a variable and use that in the macro call.

MJU20

Post by MJU20 »

Thank you Kersing, great idea.

But this is a feature request so of the people @Matrix could implement this.. would be nice.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Sorry, but I can't think of a good way to implement something that selectively hides specific info in a project file that you are sharing. The .fcfx file itself will contain the password anyway.

One way I can think of is if you have an external .h file which has the C code for a constant value for the password which only lives on your PC, and you populate a Flowcode variable with this value when your project starts.

MJU20

Post by MJU20 »

Steve-Matrix wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am
Sorry, but I can't think of a good way to implement something that selectively hides specific info in a project file that you are sharing. The .fcfx file itself will contain the password anyway.

One way I can think of is if you have an external .h file which has the C code for a constant value for the password which only lives on your PC, and you populate a Flowcode variable with this value when your project starts.
Thank you, this is why it's a feature request..