MONITOR BATTERY LEVEL / FUEL LEVEL

Post and discuss new components that you have created.
daddytims_tims
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 MONITOR BATTERY LEVEL / FUEL LEVEL

Post by daddytims_tims »

Hi Everyone,
Good morning,

Not sure if it has been mentioned as yet.

DO we have a component that can monitor battery level using "Pic / Esp32"??

Also do we have a component that can monitor/detect fuel/diesel inside a tank??

I appreciate your answer, Please and thanks again.

regards
Ryan

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: MONITOR BATTERY LEVEL / FUEL LEVEL

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I think if you search in the forums, this and old, the subject of chip supply monitoring comes up a few times, with using the fixed voltage reference source a popular method. My connection is too terrible to go look though.

Commercial fuel senders are available and should be easy enough to interface to. If the tanks has no existing sender then be careful that whatever you use does not present an ignition risk, nor will the diesel / petrol be contaminated by the device if in contact (similarly that the device won't perish in contact too).

Regards

daddytims_tims

Flowcode v10 Re: MONITOR BATTERY LEVEL / FUEL LEVEL

Post by daddytims_tims »

Hi,

I will check in the forum tomorrow, if I get any time.
Tomorrow is a bit busy for me.

Think I saw one of the value contributor Post(recent) something about battery monitoring but not sure is which one.
It was also showing a display as well?

As it relates to fuel/diesel. I am myself looking into "TODAY", Also the risk it comes with as well.
I am not worrying with this. I have changed my mine.

Thanks for your Response

regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

"Submerged" types are typically stainless steel rods with a float that freely moves up/down the rod depending on level. Magnets on the float signal their presence to switches within the rod. Expensive....... Not seen a cheap one ever.

Regards

daddytims_tims

Flowcode v10 Re: FUEL LEVEL Sensor

Post by daddytims_tims »

Hi

I did some research on the fuel sensor, come to think of it, it can used in other application.
I have seen something it could be used in "OTHER THAN FUEL TANK".

Water system where I am at. The ultrasonic wouldn't do the work. As the heat is above the SR04.

I think the one you're Referring is this one, right?

Regards
Attachments
Car Boat Fuel_Water Level Sensor For 0-190ohm_240-33ohm Fuel Level Meters Marine Water Level gauge Sensor Sender Unit For 9-32V.jpg
Car Boat Fuel_Water Level Sensor For 0-190ohm_240-33ohm Fuel Level Meters Marine Water Level gauge Sensor Sender Unit For 9-32V.jpg (34.41 KiB) Viewed 187 times

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

There is a TL 136 level sensor which drops into a tank and outputs a dc current or voltage depending on model. Cheap version available fro the usual sources. Takes a bit of work but usually gives satisfactory results. Ive been dabbling with one in a kerosene tank and on Home assistant

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

That "rod" one is the one I was referring to, but they are usually very, very expensive.

Not used the TL136 before, but so far I'm reading they are qualified for water. Not sure how long they will last in kerosene / petrol / diesel. Whilst the stainless steel will be OK you need to be careful of the cable and seals.

A while back I was using a few NXP mpx22xx pressure sensors feeding into an instrumentation amp. Pretty reliable results and very repeatable too. I used a PIC to obtain data and readings were certainly within the tolerances given by manufacturer as measuered against a digital guage (calibrated). I was measuring air pressure inside a sealed chamber. Offhand I think the sensor cost was around five pounds and I can't remember the amp but possibly an INA110, but I also remember using AD626, but maybe not in this circuit. I found that when using any "wheatbrige" by itself an instrumentation amplifier gave best results, which isn't that surprising <s>

Something similar can be used to measure any liquid in a tank. A non perishable tube (can be anything really) is connected to the sensor and the end lowered into the liquid (sensor stays well above). The pressure of the liquid forces the air in the tube upwards, and the sensor detects this change. This is usually how your dishwater etc measures water levels.

Regards

daddytims_tims

Post by daddytims_tims »

Hi WingNut,

Thanks for that response

I did some research on the Tl 136 mostly using to detect water level sensing, I may get 1 an explored with it. see how it behaves
thanks for that update.

Thanks to Chipfryer,
As it relates to the air pressure with copper tubing I heard about it. gives good reading. It would be very useful for those application.
Tanks are common among the places I have been.
Especially in the country areas

It would be worth exploring ALL possibilities with Those mentioned above

regards