Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 4
- http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
How can I connect my Curiosity Nano PIC 18F47K42 device? When I connect it via USB, it doesn't appear in the programming port list. I also want to use it for debugging. I tried with Pickit 5 as well, but it didn't work. I would appreciate your help.
-
chipfryer27
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:57 am
- Has thanked: 478 times
- Been thanked: 712 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hi
Not used it, but I would start by seeing if it appears under device manager. Perhaps Port or USB devices?
Regards
Not used it, but I would start by seeing if it appears under device manager. Perhaps Port or USB devices?
Regards
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
In Device Manager, under Microchip Tools, I see it listed as "Curiosity Data Gateway". It also appears as "USB Serial Device 11" in Device Manager.
-
chipfryer27
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:57 am
- Has thanked: 478 times
- Been thanked: 712 times
-
chipfryer27
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:57 am
- Has thanked: 478 times
- Been thanked: 712 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hi
Does the green power / status LED illuminate when you plug in? I'm guessing yes as your PC is "seeing" the board.
I don't use MPLAB (very much) but it is supposed to automatically recognise the nano development board. You could perhaps try and open the IDE menu and then go to the Window > Kit Window and force a rescan of connected boards?
Have you tried a different USB cable / port?
Regards
Does the green power / status LED illuminate when you plug in? I'm guessing yes as your PC is "seeing" the board.
I don't use MPLAB (very much) but it is supposed to automatically recognise the nano development board. You could perhaps try and open the IDE menu and then go to the Window > Kit Window and force a rescan of connected boards?
Have you tried a different USB cable / port?
Regards
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
merhaba.işlemciyi pic18f47k42 olarak seçiyorum.boş bir program yüklemeye çalışıyorum.derleme sonucunda
Error returned from [xc8.exe]
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\batch\pic_xc8_comp.bat reported error code 0x1
hatası veriyor.sanki işlemciyi hiç tanımıyor.
Error returned from [xc8.exe]
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\batch\pic_xc8_comp.bat reported error code 0x1
hatası veriyor.sanki işlemciyi hiç tanımıyor.
-
chipfryer27
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:57 am
- Has thanked: 478 times
- Been thanked: 712 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hi
Via Google Translate from Turkish
Regards
Via Google Translate from Turkish
Which version of Flowcode ae you using? I ask as older versions may not support your chip.Hello. I am selecting the PIC18F47K42 as the processor and trying to load an empty program. Upon compilation, it returns the following error:
Error returned from [xc8.exe]
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\batch\pic_xc8_comp.bat reported error code 0x1
It is as if it doesn't recognize the processor at all.
Regards
-
ahmetimanli
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:41 pm
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
I'm using Flowcode v11 Pro. I upgraded to version v11 specifically for debugging and troubleshooting. Shouldn't Flowcode v11 automatically recognize the Curiosity Nano board? I think it should be like the Arduino Uno. When I plug it into the USB port, it should be recognized so I can install programs and use the debugging features.
-
chipfryer27
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:57 am
- Has thanked: 478 times
- Been thanked: 712 times
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Hi
The board is supported in Flowcode v11. Does Flowcode offer a programming port option to select for it (Build > Project Options) ?
If not then your PC isn't recognising it. Any yellow exclamation marks under Device Manager or the like?
Regards
The board is supported in Flowcode v11. Does Flowcode offer a programming port option to select for it (Build > Project Options) ?
If not then your PC isn't recognising it. Any yellow exclamation marks under Device Manager or the like?
Regards