Display manager component usage

Use this section to discuss your embedded Flowcode projects.
KikeRico
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Display manager component usage

Post by KikeRico »

Hi, I´m triying to use Display Manager componet but is not clear for me how to use it. Please could help me with some example? thanks. :D

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: Display manager component usage

Post by BenR »

Hello,

The display manager is a bit under development and improvement but the basic functionality can be seen here.

DisplayManagerExample.fcfx
(17.44 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Please note in putting this example together I have found and fixed some problems and these have been pushed to the Help -> Library update system.

I'm not too happy with it yet so if you have any ideas or suggestions then that would be appreciated. A simple improvement might be to have the textfield object be bounded and multiline like the textfield component.

There is also the question of bg/fg colour and clearing of the display, at the moment this is handled by the user to make things as flexible as possible but the component could perhaps be doing more.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Ben

I see you updated the WiKi and it does contain the info needed to create an object, but it seems a little over complicated compared to other Macro's. Would it be possible to just enter a byte value to indicate the type (e.g. 3 = Type_Rectangle) with perhaps the tool tip informing what the byte signifies?

Just a thought.

Regards

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

Yes good suggestion I'll add the numeric values too and update the tooltip.

KikeRico

Post by KikeRico »

Hi Ben,

I have reviewed the example and took a look in the wiki, now is more clear for me how could be use this component. I really appreciate your effort. Thanks a lot :-)

Now I will try to do some programs using the Display Manager, then I think I'd back with some suggestions.

Best regards,
Kike