ST7789 display

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
jandidden
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: ST7789 display

Post by jandidden »

Thanks Chipfryer27 for the recap. I am also indebted to Martin (and not just for this one).
I did remove all stray folders and files I could find that remained after the uninstall.
I did not run the registry cleaner, nor did I do the install as Admin.
I will try that next.

Which reg cleaner did you use?

Jan

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I've been using CCleaner for years and it has worked well for me.

Regards

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

Thanks to Iain for testing this - I'd been starting to have doubts about the install. Had I missed a/the 'vital' step out.

The toolset does seem a little 'fragile' with it's many dependencies - and I've spent many 'happy' hours installing and reinstalling it in the past. For a long time - I ran it off a USB memory stick, as that was the only version I had that worked and it resisted all attempts to get it to work from my hard-drive. The registry cleaner is a good idea - and possibly removing 'old' paths from windows' environment paths?

Martin

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I have another W10 exact same as before.

This morning I :-

Uninstalled Python
Uninstalled Git
Uninstalled ESP
Manually removed ESP / Git folders
Ran Registry Cleaner
Rebooted
Ran Registry Cleaner (note: it is a good idea to keep re-running registry cleaners until no further issues appear)
Installed as per Martin's post running each as administrator. I checked enable path and also enabled Python to use file names longer than 250 characters. I don't recal doing that yesterday.
Ran FC v10.0.2.21 and did a full database update
Changed FC to look for ESP as per Martin's post

Created a small chart for an ESP32-WROOM
Compiled to Hex without issue

Changed chart to use an ESP32-S2
Compiled to Hex without issue

Perhaps Martin might like to repost in another section or start a new thread, as finding such a helpful post in a "Display" issue may not reach everyone. As mentioned posts concerning ESP installs are rather fragmented at present so I personally think it would be helpful to make it more visible.

I also appreciate the work done by Matrix too and understand the ESP's on v5 are still work in progress. I will be using the S2 variant later in the week and will update with any issues found.

Hope the above is helpful to someone.

Regards

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

I performed the actions as shown in the attached text file. At the end I got stuck at setting the esp path in FC10 with the error: 'only allowed on professional version'.
I have the licensed version of FC10 installed, I have been a professional user since a decade or so, not sure what I am missing.
Have not installed as administrator yet. Would like to get past the path setting thing, if then still fails, I'll redo the whole shebang as admin.

Did set the path in FC9 and ran that, getting the familiar ninja fail message.

Jan
Attachments
installing ESP32 toolchain.txt
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Not really sure about that. I changed location in File> Global Options > Locations using the Browse button (three dots) to the right of the ESP Toolchain. I didn't use the "Customise" button in the build ribbon.

Regards

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

See here for dedicated thread: viewtopic.php?p=11361#p11361

Jan