RTC PY-PICO and more

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
max.tisc
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

RTC PY-PICO and more

Post by max.tisc »

Hello everybody
I would like to ask you if it is possible to implement the internal function on the RTC component as it seems to me that this is not available on the RP2040 / PiCO chip, or a component made on purpose as it was done for ESP32, another thing that would seem useful to me is a component that takes into consideration the power management of the micro (PY PICO and ESP32) given the widespread use of battery-powered IOT sensors, one last thing on the SPI master component the only presale frequencies that can be selected are Fosc / 4/16/64, but the my peripheral works only at 4MHz, instead on the SPI master component of the ESP32 the working frequency is directly selectable and this seems better as an approach, last thing the maximum selectable frequency on PY PICO is 125MHz when it is declared for 133MHz
thanks for your attention, I am waiting for your answers
thank you very much

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: RTC PY-PICO and more

Post by BenR »

Hello,

I've mande some changes to the SPI CAL for the PICO and hopefully you can now use the SPI at varying speeds like you can on the ESP. Let me know how you get on with these.

I've made a note to investigate the RTC and power management features for you.

max.tisc

Post by max.tisc »

thank you very much BenR
look forward

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Looking here it looks like the RTC on the Pico is more like a real time counter and cannot be used as a reliable clock. So it might not be worth adding as a component.

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=325598

What do you think?

max.tisc

Post by max.tisc »

Hi BenR
I have read the topic and as always there are conflicting opinions, the main problem may not be the accuracy itself, but that it does not manage the SLEEP and DORMANT phases, on page 579 of the RP2040 datasheet, for the awakening it refers to an external clock for reboot, so maybe an external RTC is better.
as far as the power management of the ESP32 and the PICO is concerned, how are you doing?
Thanks

max.tisc

Post by max.tisc »

Hi BenR
I tested the new SPI component but the compiler seems to me that now it gives an error on the prescale
thank' s
Attachments
PICOTT.msg.txt
(5.87 KiB) Downloaded 61 times