Where are the elusive web pages

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
RGV250
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Where are the elusive web pages

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I am having a bit of a problem, I have tested the Raspberry Pi sense hat example in a simulation and then downloaded so I know that works, I thought I would add a Webserver to it with the intention of controlling the sense hat from the web pages as a simple (famous last words) test for later modifications.
I can get the web pages in the simulation but when I download to the hardware all I get is "Problem loading page", I also tried copying what I think are the template files into the directory where the project is downloaded and changed source dir from embedded to $(srcdir) and then to $(srcdir)files/ and nothing worked with either.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong, doing a search on the forum someone else asked a similar thing but no answer so I am in the dark.

Regards,
Bob

RGV250

Re: Where are the elusive web pages

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I am getting a bit frustrated with this, I tried the ESP32 (you tube) example and cannot see the pages from a real device. Also I edited the pages that are in the properties section and that did not change anything in the simulation where I can see them.
Can I ask for a couple of examples for the Raspberry Pi, one with embedded pages passing a parameter and another with external pages doing the same. It is a bit annoying that what appear to be the only examples are done in app developer and when I try to look at those I just get told I do not have a licence.

Regards,
Bob

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Hi Bob.

Sorry, but we have a few staff holidays at the moment and so we might not be able to provide examples until next week. Hopefully some other forum users can offer help or advice in the meantime.

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

Hi Steve,
Thanks next week will be fine, if you have time could you have a quick look at what I have been trying to get working, all I am trying to do at the moment is see the pages. It seems to have stopped working in the simulation now.
RPI_simple_Web_test.fcfx
(13.06 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Bob

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hello,
Have you seen this thread?
Martin

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I have looked at that thread and have got a variable on the web page now but something is wrong. The page works for a few seconds and then locks up and the only way is to reboot the Pi. The Pi is still working as I use the variable to change the colour on the sense hat. It also seems to lock up the communication to the Pi as downloading says it is finished but I need to reboot the Pi before download for the new program to work.
RPISenseHat_Web_Out_2.fcfx
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
I have also found that I need to use Chrome as Firefox adds https to the IP address. I am not sure but I also think I needed to tick "Use sudo" to the project options?

I forgot to add, it is incredibly slow as it takes around 25 seconds to count 0 to 255 for the display colour, probably me doing something wrong.

Regards,
Bob