Capacitive or resistive touch - FT6206?

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
jandidden
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Capacitive or resistive touch - FT6206?

Post by jandidden »

Hi, I was looking at a capacitive touch controller component in FC9.
Under Force sensors, the component library lists an FT6206 compatible component, and lists it as a resistive touch controller.
I think that is incorrect - the FT6206 is a capacitive touch controller as far as I can see. The listed XPT2046 is a resistive touch controller.
Before I start buying the wrong parts, can someone confirm that the component listed as FT6206 supports a cap touch component, and the description in the library is incorrect?

thanks,

Jan

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Re: Capacitive or resistive touch - FT6206?

Post by mnfisher »

Hi Jan,

The FT6206 is a capacitive touch controller. The source for the FT6X06 doesn't seem to occur in the Wiki - but it should work correctly?

I've posted a bit about the XPT2046 (more to come :-) ) (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1854)- which isn't very accurate (resistive controllers in general) - but should be okay for onscreen buttons etc..

Martin

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

Thanks Martin. I am not interested in a resistive touch screen, as my enclosure will be relativerly small and the need for some force to activate the resistive touch would just push the enclosure around.

I've ordered a couple of these:
https://www.digikey.be/nl/products/deta ... 90/9919535

Jan

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

The FT6x06 component listed as a resistive touch controller is a tooltip mistake which has been resolved in v10.
I can confirm it works a treat.

Looking at the wiki page now to see if I can work out why it's missing. I've reuploaded the source and it seems to be working again now.