Flowcode ESP32 Toolchain Installation problem

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Ulises
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: Flowcode ESP32 Toolchain Installation problem

Post by Ulises »

Hello
if I placing the components in the correct ports does not build, I attach the corrected program.

Successfully created esp32 image.
Generated C:/Users/Ulises/Documents/PruebasFlow/Control_Osmosis1/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin
[101/101] cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\Ulysses\Documents\PruebasFlow\Control_Osmosis1\build\bootloader\esp-idf\esptool_py && C:\esp-idf-tools\.espressif\python_env\ idf5.0_py3.7_env\Scripts\python.exe C:/Users/Ulysses/Documents/esp-idf/components/partition_table/check_sizes.py --offset 0x8000 bootloader 0x1000 C:/Users/Ulysses/Documents/PruebasFlow/Control_Osmosis1/ build/bootloader/bootloader.bin"
Bootloader binary size 0x6710 bytes. 0x8f0 bytes (8%) free.
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
ninja failed with exit code 1
Executing action: all (aliases: build)
Running cmake in directory c:\users\ulises\documents\testflow\control_osmosis1\build
Executing "cmake -G Ninja -DPYTHON_DEPS_CHECKED=1 -DESP_PLATFORM=1 -DIDF_TARGET=eng32 -DCCACHE_ENABLE=1 c:\users\ulises\documents\pruebasflow\control_osmosis1"...
Running ninja in directory c:\users\ulises\documents\flowtests\control_osmosis1\build
Executing "ninja all"...

Build Failed

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\FCD\ESP\Batch\esp32_build.bat reported error code 0x1

Auto close turned off

Regards
Attachments
Control_Osmosis1.fcfx
(24.34 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I don't have that chip to hand but the above compiles to Hex OK for me.

I see you try and initialise the DS18B20 before you initialise the 1-wire, and during simulation the display remains blank, suggesting some errors in the code, but never the less it did compile to Hex.

What file/settings did you use for the code that did compile?

Regards

Ulises

Post by Ulises »

Hello, I am sending you images of how I am building, the previous answer, the file is the last one I sent, I am also sending you the results of the last construction, I see that it is because some components show an error.

FAILED: esp-idf/main/CMakeFiles/__idf_main.dir/esp-project.c.obj
ccache C:\esp-idf-tools\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2022r1-11.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -DMBEDTLS_CONFIG_FILE=\ "mbedtls/esp_config.h\" -DUNITY_INCLUDE_CONFIG_H -

C:/esp-idf/components/esp_event/include/esp_event_loop.h:2:2: warning: #warning "esp_event_loop.h is deprecated, please include esp_event.h instead" [-Wcpp]
2 | #warning "esp_event_loop.h is deprecated, please include esp_event.h instead"

C:/esp-idf/components/driver/deprecated/driver/adc.h:19:2: warning: #warning "legacy adc driver is deprecated, please migrate to use esp_adc/adc_oneshot.h and esp_adc/adc_continuous.h for oneshot mode and continuous mode drivers respectively" [-Wcpp]
19 | #warning "legacy adc driver is deprecated, please migrate to use esp_adc/adc_oneshot.h and esp_adc/adc_continuous.h for oneshot mode and continuous mode drivers respectively"

Note that the inputs and outputs also have errors.

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:224:29: error: request for member 'out_w1ts' in something not a structure or union
224 | GPIO.out_w1ts = Mask;
| ^
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:228:29: error: request for member 'out_w1tc' in something not a structure or union
228 | GPIO.out_w1tc = Mask;
| ^
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:251:29: error: request for member 'out1_w1ts' in something not a structure or union
251 | GPIO.out1_w1ts.data = Mask;
| ^
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:255:29: error: request for member 'out1_w1tc' in something not a structure or union
255 | GPIO.out1_w1tc.data = Mask;

The ADC also marks an error, how are the analog signals declared in the software?

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_ADC.c:67:33: error: implicit declaration of function 'adc_power_release' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Also doing processes with milliseconds has errors

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_Delay.c:73:68: error: implicit declaration of function 'ets_delay_us'; did you mean 'sys_delay_ms'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

And all the components mark error. I already made changes to the pins and changed the UART port and I have the same result.

I can only build simple programs, where you have to turn a led on and off, but when you already put an ADC the problems start, or any component that is not a led there are problems.

I would like to know if this is because of the issue of the license?
And if I buy version 10 with a professional license, will this work?

Regards
Attachments
screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (45.49 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (48.74 KiB) Viewed 1782 times

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Sorry to be brief, just heading out.

I'll try and have a better look late, but I think it unlikely that the problem is due to licencing (assuming your target chip is included in the "free" versions).

Regards

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

It looks like you might be using IDF version 5.0. If you are then please do a full database library update by doing the following.

Click Help -> Library Updates.
Change Files in use to Full Database.

Download all the latest files and restart Flowcode.

Hopefully now the compilation will complete correctly.

If you're still getting errors then please attach the .msg.txt file from the project directory for us to look at.

Ulises

Post by Ulises »

Hello
Now I get this error with the update, attached txt file.

ERROR: C:\esp-idf-tools\.espressif\python_env\idf5.0_py3.7_env\Scripts\python.exe doesn't support asyncio. The issue can be worked around by re-running idf.py with the "--no-hints" argument.

Is it necessary to uninstall IDF 5 and install version 4?

Regards
Attachments
Control_Osmosis1.msg.txt
(4.35 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Software.jpg
Software.jpg (77.42 KiB) Viewed 1773 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Have you seen this post? Hopefully this will help:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1830

daddytims_tims

Post by daddytims_tims »

I am having the same problem, with mine as well currently.

I am using Fcv10. with a windows 11 laptop

This keeps popping up. whenever time I complied my project using Esp32 BL0058-1
Build Failed
"C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\FCD\ESP\Batch\esp32_build.bat reported error code 0x1."

there was something mentioned above, about extracting the two attached files into this directory onto the computer.
1. I download the batch file. where do I put the files?
I don't see where to put the batch file??

I have also observed that the USB light is not Flashing on my Esp32 BL0058-1 when plugged in and open FCv10 software.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hello.
The batch file was updated and pushed to the component library database so there is no need to download it.
Just make sure when you run a library update, you have change the Files in-use to Full database.
Can you post the project.msg.txt and project.fcfx files.

I will look into the USB LED not lighting up.
Martin