Crypto mining with MCU

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Sergejs
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Crypto mining with MCU

Post by Sergejs »

Hello, I have now free two MCU's PIC16F1827. Is it possible to make soft for it for mining of cryptocurrency DuinoCoin? Now it is available only for Arduino, but I most like PIC microcontrollers. Anyone know how to make software for mining this coin on PIC MCU?

This is the project page: https://duinocoin.com/getting-started.html

I hope this currency in the future will be like Bitcoin now and I want mining it more and more and to have about 1 000 000 of DUCO.

What do you think about my idea?

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Re: Crypto mining with MCU

Post by mnfisher »

It should be possible to get the software running on a PIC though it might not be easy! Note that Pics are slower for a given clock speed than AVR chips (4 clks per instruction - so a 32MHz chip is ruining at an effective 8MHz) - so it might be better to use something faster like an ESP32?

Is it a good idea - and would I trust them? It's definitely a gamble - the chance of hitting it big is slim - and I would tread very (very) carefully - and walk (run) away if they start taking any personal details (especially banking or DOB etc)

So - if you want to give it a go - and it would be interesting to see the code - then don't invest too much time or (any) money- and be careful (I think that bears repeating) - like most get rich quick schemes someone else is planning on getting rich quicker! - and it's a 99.999% chance you'll have bought the last tulip to sell.

Martin

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Crypto mining with MCU

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I had a look at the link provided and see that you can download code for devices including Arduino, ESP, Pico and Pi. With that in mind it would probably be a lot easier to just use one of those than recreate.

With a current value of $0.00001x and I think a time to mine of around 80 seconds, it would take a Pi around 98 days to "earn" a dollar. Not commercially viable unless my Pi is solar powered :) However if I mined one in 80 seconds and kept it, and it took off, well....

Interesting though, and as the creator claims it to be a "fun" project it may just be a showcase of his talent so to speak.

Regards