WiFi alarm

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
RGV250
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: WiFi alarm

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I did wonder if I was overthinking it. I looked at connect but only in the request_my_db example where it had a local IP and didn't realise it could have a URL.

Bob

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
Any chance you can give this a quick once over. Should I be able to simulate the ESP32 as I do not even seem to get Ret = 1 to show it is connected to the router.
I had a bit of a tidy up (I really shouldn't) and not sure where I have hidden my actual device so cannot try for real at the moment.
WiFi_Test_1A.fcfx
(15.94 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Bob

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Ouch... remembering that far back :)

I was going to update to have a Web Developer "app" access the database but realised I'd need to refresh my memory a lot.....

So, from memory that still works:-

When simulating using the Network Comms and and ESP WLAN components I have never got "autodetect" to work, so I set my Network Interface manually. Note if you get it correct you are rewarded with your IP address :). If simulating you could just use the Network Component to test things with as your PC is doing all the actual comms stuff.

The ESP won't simulate connecting to your SSID so when you run, "step through" and manually set Ret to "1" to allow it to continue.

When you connect, only use a webpage itself e.g. www.abcdef.com and not www.abcdef.com/123456.wxy

That should allow you to connect (I hope).

Regards

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I removed the ESP32 and just used the network component but I didn't get anything. I then noticed that the network component connect component states "Some TCP/IP modules (RPI and ESP8266) will accept a URL instead of an IP address".
Looks like I will have to dig the actual hardware out.

Bob

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

When simulating you should be good. Have you set the properties in Network Component correctly?

Regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

This seems to work for me.

If I step through I can follow the path doing as it should and if I then switch off my laptop WiFi it reacts accordingly.
WiFi_Test_1A_modified.fcfx
(14.22 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Regards

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

Thanks, that works.
I did originally try it without the /ncsi.txt on the end but added that when it didn't work. The only thing other than that I can see is that you have taken off the http:// which for some reason works for a PC?

An interesting thing it failed to run on FC9 (as that was on the PC I downloaded it to last night) as it complains about the LED component. Did this only get introduced in FC10.

I really appreciate your help, I think I will carry on using the sim until I am closer to what I want. I think I will poll it every 3 or 4 hours and if for some reason it fails switch to ten minutes or so and if it fails 3x then flag the alarm. I can have some LED's showing if it failed and recovered and I might use an ESP32 with a display so the time of failure can be noted.

Regards,
Bob

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I had a project to monitor tanks (water, not Challenger) and the remote tanks communicated to a "base station" via LoRa. The base station located in the house would then communicate via WiFi / Internet to PushingBox which would subsequently send out Push/email alerts etc.

However if the WiFi/Internet wasn't available no alert could be sent and as this is a remote cottage then no water would be problematic.

A buzzer was incorporated, possibly not enough to wake you but certainly alert you that the tank(s) were low. However that could be annoying as when the alerts triggered you would still have a day of water whilst the problem was investigated (which would be a few hours at least). The buzzer was really only needed if the unit failed to communicate via internet.

When triggered it would try and connect, but if it failed it would then wait x-minutes before trying again. Only after so many failures would the buzzer sound. Perhaps you could do something similar?

Regards