OPC UA status and subscription pricing

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
fixstuff555
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

OPC UA status and subscription pricing

Post by fixstuff555 »

*** I just discovered that there is a new forum so I am posting this here - not intending to cross post anymore ***

I looked in the drivers available for Flowcode, and didn't see anything for OPC UA. One of the positives of Flowcode is the Modbus Client/Server modules, but I'd prefer OPC UA since it can pull a tag direct out of either SCADA systems or PLC's directly.

That being said, is there anything on the horizon for OPC UA connectivity? I've noticed with a lot of recent products that OPC UA is usually offered for free, versus the old licensing costs from OPC DA. This might be helpful if considering adding it to future releases of Flowcode.

Another item I'd like to ask about is subscription pricing. Its easier for me to buy a subscription and get the latest updates versus a giant purchase every 18 months or so. Is that being considered? If both outright purchase and subscriptions were available, that would probably be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

AlfieD
Matrix Staff

Re: OPC UA status and subscription pricing

Post by AlfieD »

I am responding to you regarding the subscription part of your message:

Matrix are happy with the current pricing structure, some users purchase every version of Flowcode. Matrix offered 50% discount for V8 users and 30% for V7 users when upgrading to V9. Something similar will likely be done when V10 is released to support the previous Flowcode owners!

This structure has worked over the years and new versions are generally released every couple of years.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: OPC UA status and subscription pricing

Post by BenR »

OPC looks very interesting. I'll do some research and see what's possible here.