Upload same b

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
MJU20
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Upload same b

Post by MJU20 »

Again, maybe a naive suggestion (from a chaotic mind) :-)

When compiling a Flowcode chart to an ESP32-Wroom I need to push a button on the ESP32 DEV-board to upload the program.
- Sometimes, during compiling my attention is drawn to another thing and I forget to push the button
- Sometimes there is a serial monitor still running so the program can't get access to the COM-port.

In these cases I need to start compiling again which takes a while, and this is annoying because the compiling was done a few seconds ago and nothing changed.
The only thing is that the upload wasn't finished.

Would it be a option to have a function in FC that uploads the last generated files without compiling again?

Would look like this:
Nieuw-1.jpg
Nieuw-1.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 1559 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Upload same b

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added it to my list and this should be a relatively easy addition to make.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Upload same b

Post by Steve-Matrix »

You could use the "User-defined tools" facility of Flowcode v10 (in the Build menu) to create your own button to do this. I have done this for my projects.

By clicking the "Customise" button and then selecting the "User Tools" tab in the Options screen, I created a button called "ESP32_PROG" with the following settings:

Code: Select all

Command:
   $(fcddir)\ESP\Batch\esp32_prog_st.bat

Arguments:
    $(compileresp) "$(target)" "$(srcdir)" $(comport) 115200

Initial Folder:
    $(srcdir)
The "Use ShellExecute" needs to be ticked. Here's that screen, showing the button on the toolbar under "Build":
esp32_prog command.png
esp32_prog command.png (42.32 KiB) Viewed 442 times
I have copied the existing "esp32_prog.bat" file and made a few changes to the numbers used when the batch file is referring to its parameters, then resaved it as "esp32_prog_st.bat". You can find this file in your "%PROGRAMDATA%\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\FCD\ESP\Batch" folder. Here are the edits:

Code: Select all

@SET TOOLS_DIR=%~2
@SET TARGET=%~3
@SET OUT_DIR=%~4
@SET PORT=%~5
@SET BAUD=%~6
Hopefully this works for you too.