Simulation

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
WingNut
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Simulation

Post by WingNut »

A nice feature (for me anyway) would be able to set parts of a flowcode to run simulation at a slower rate than the rest. So for example if the flowcode is a big one and requires to be run at full speed to set various variables at the start of the program it would nice to be able to have a sort of toggle point were the simulation could be slowed down or even speeded up to make it easier to catch any changes that you've made to the flow code.An example i have is a button press menu. So if i need to watch whats happening in a particular section of my program if i could run the menu part at normal speed to capture the button press but then slow down to continue. If you're running simulation at a slow rate it is difficult to press the button and step through the button press routine at the same time. But if the simulation is run slowly up to that point and then runs full speed because it has seen a toggle point and then back to the slower speed after the routine it would make it much easier to follow what is going on.
Hope this makes sense

kersing
Valued Contributor

Re: Simulation

Post by kersing »

Can’t you use breakpoints for this? Just run simulation normal speed up to the breakpoint and single step or adjust speed settings once you hit the breakpoint.

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Yes you can but it requires intevention and automating it allows multiple speeds to be selected, making it easier to both monitor variables changing and activate switches etc

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Nice suggestion. I will have a look to see if this is possible, but I cannot promise anything as there could be some fundamental issues preventing this from being allowed.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

For info, I have added a new built-in API function (in the forthcoming v10) called "SetSimSpeed" which can be using with a program to control its auto-step speed while it is running.