Is it possible to add a browser component?

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
niedian
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 Is it possible to add a browser component?

Post by niedian »

Hello, would it be possible to add a browser component that allows accessing a website on the touch screen connected to ESP32? Greetings!

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Is it possible to add a browser component?

Post by Steve-Matrix »

This depends on what you want to do. If you want to retrieve data from a website then this should already be possible. If you want to display a webpage then this would be a very big task.

niedian

Post by niedian »

My idea is to design a navigation page similar to a mobile phone on another server, and access this navigation page using (ESP32 + touch screen). Additionally, I want to control the brightness of the touch screen through MQTT. This way, I can create a device similar to a mobile phone that can be used by middle school students. In certain special occasions, the screens of all devices can be uniformly turned off. Of course, more interesting features can be added as well. In summary, it would be a convenient way to create a simple yet powerful mobile phone. Furthermore, authentication and authorization can be implemented on the server side to control access based on user permissions and classifications.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Displaying a web page is actually a very complicated task - you are effectively creating a web browser.

niedian

Post by niedian »

Well, upon careful consideration, it is indeed quite complex.