User software database

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
SpeedPIC32
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

User software database

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Hello,

What do you think about building a database where we users can make our macros or a complete program available to everyone? For example, there should be a short description. e.g. PWM sine wave generator from 10Hz to 10KHz in 1 Hz steps, processor PIC18F2553 with 48Mhz controllable via USB. small circuit diagram included if available. etc.

The whole thing divided into categories, USB, PWM, or chip that was used MCP3421, MCP3428.
You don't have to reinvent the wheel, but can also get ideas for a new project.
You can learn how other users solve problems or which idea has already been solved.

Greetings to all users

alanwms

Re: User software database

Post by alanwms »

Might be a good idea to have an area for that kind of open software/hardware.

p.erasmus
Valued Contributor

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi,

There has been an effort from Flowcode users to promote Component creation and Sharing of expertise/projects and technical for some time already

(1) You can sell or give away your Components/Code/Hw files etc The are a number of free components in the page already
(2) you can write technical blogs and have it placed in the blog

The creation of this website has exactly the intentions you are asking for take a look

https://www.flowcodexchange.com/
Regards Peter - QME Electronics

SpeedPIC32

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Hello,
That's how it goes.
I was thinking more of a completely free site. Who wants to pay something for a tip in the hobby sector? For example, I would publish a template for a PIC32 MZ in which the PIC runs at 200Mhz and where the USB interface also works. Or how to set the RS232 with a certain build rate, or how to set the parity bit to EVEN. Matrix would simply have to create a possibility like the forum to set such things. In the search I first select PIC then 32 MZ then communication then RS232 or USB etc.
here is then listed what is available.
A short description for each entry and a download function - that's it. The same for a publication.

Greetings to the forum, your opinion is needed
SpeedPic32

kersing
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

There already is a solution, just create a new message in the ‘user components’ category and attach your file.

Messages on this forum do not all have to be questions or cries for help, you can use the forum for sharing as well.

SpeedPIC32

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Hello
That's OK.
How do I get a sorted overview of what any user has uploaded?
I mean something like you see in the picture. You can get a quick overview.
Libstock.png
Libstock.png (287.1 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Greetings SpeedPic32

andeug

Post by andeug »

I subscribe to the idea of the original post. I am a beginner in Flowcode and I am really having a hard time getting inspiration for a new project, in particular a digital clock.

SpeedPIC32

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Hello andeug
what exactly do you want to do?
A clock can have many different displays.
For example, a display with simple 7-segment displays, or a display with a line display of 4 lines of 16 digits, or a binary display with individual LEDs, or graphical with the displays from 4D Systems, etc.
Then there are different clock chips DS3231 or a clock that is present in a processor, or do you want to share a clock with a quartz self counting etc.
Is it about the hardware or the programming.

I am curious to know what you have in mind.

Greetings SpeedPic32

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

There is a simple clock project here : https://matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewtopi ... ock#p85887 - plenty of scope for improvement, but minimal parts..

Martin