FLOWCODE 9 MCP23017 PROBLEM

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
DAVIDJOINER
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

FLOWCODE 9 MCP23017 PROBLEM

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

Item 1 ====================
Have been using an I2C LCD Display and I2C MCP23017 Expander chip in Flowcode 8 with arduino UNO R3 with no problems

On running in Flowcode 9 LCD works but MCP23017 does not

1 Tried many times and still does not work
2 Even re wrote a test in Flowcode 9 from scratch with same results ie no MCP23017 control ( I also did try to include the fcdx file here as an attachment but in 9 can presently only seem to get it to accept gif files ? )
3 Also tried software and hardware congiuation for MCP23017 and different baud rates and gives same results
3 But when ii try n simulation mode ie using the console Flowcode 8 and 9 gives identical results to each other

So although the program appears to compile okay in 8 & 9 only LCD works in 9 hardware

So as the hardware is exactly the same Is there an issue with the compiler or MCP23017 FCD in 9

Have spent many hours on this but no further forward

Item 2 ===================
I purchased on Friday Flow code 9 new standard license but cannot appear to get it registered yet as have not revived the activation code
so currently still using your free 30 day Flowcode 9 version
Can you send me the activation code ASAP

iTEM 3 =================
I have been using paid standard copies from V3 including V6 & V8 and a number of EBlocks so have spent a considerable amount of money with Matrix
This also includes 3 dsPIC ECIO
As i experiment using DSP and other functions on ECIO this i was very disappointed as others are that this is now appears only to be available in the PRO version
Please review this decision which i trust you will amend

Best Regards
David

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: FLOWCODE 9 MCP23017 PROBLEM

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Hi David, here are some responses:

1) Please post you FCFX files and the generated C code files for both v8 (working) and v9 (non-working) files. We will alter the list of acceptable attachments to this forum, but for now please add them to a ZIP file and attach that.

2) I've asked my colleague to contact you about this.

3) There are conversations happening about this and the decision is being reviewed.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

ZIP file included with dumps of code etc

David
Attachments
flowcode 9 issue rev 1.zip
(34.76 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

lewalton

Post by lewalton »

Hi David

My name is Liam Walton and I am one of the people at Matrix who oversees the licensing and pricing decisions we make. At this stage, we have not rolled out a mass launch of Flowcode 9 - as we're aware we have made some decisions that are slightly different to how we have done things in the past. I can assure you there are very good reasons for making these decisions, but we were always of the opinion that there could be some issues that would arise as a result. In relation to ITEM 3 on your initial post - we're reviewing this decision internally and will update oyu on any decision / changes we make over the coming days.

Thanks for your feedback!

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello David,

I've had a look at the Flowcode program and the main difference between the v8 and v9 code is in v8 you are using the reset pin connected on pin C0. Are you using this pin on your hardware?

The reset pin can now be enabled or disabled in the "Use Reset" component property.

Let me know if this helps and if not then I'll have another look for you.

The other changes between v8 and v9 are moving I2C component functions to transactions so that the components will work on advanced targets such as ARM and RPI but this shouldn't affect the functionality and should hopefully be more efficient in terms of code space.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

I dont actually use the reset on the MCP23017

I had already tried setting the rest to a pin or not and this has no affect

But anyway for completeness i rechecked again and still the same fault

Its funny that the LCD works on v9 in the program and not the MCP23017 ??

David

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi David,

I'll test the component tomorrow when I'm back in the office and have access to the hardware. I've looked again and so far haven't spotted any problems.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

hi

Any progress as still cannot get to run correctly in V9

DAVID

lewalton

Post by lewalton »

Just to inform everyone on this thread...

Following a lot of debate and discussion this week, I wanted to let you know that the decision to lock certain chip packs and features for use only by Pro users has been reversed, all users can now purchase all available packs and features in v9. See here: https://flowcode.co.uk/buy/.

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback so far and please, continue to offer it. I am enjoying listening to the various thoughts and opinions on how we might move forward as we look to continually improve v9 in the weeks and months ahead.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

That's very much appreciated re the licenses

A company that listens and reacts to its customers very good

David