APP-Developer COM Port component

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
dvcam99
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

APP-Developer COM Port component

Post by dvcam99 »

Hello together, and happy new year!!

I´ll just check out FC9 and APP-Dev former SCADA in trial version.

I belive I found a bug in the COM-Port component inside APP-Developer.

I can not select / change AUTO-COM-Port properties from No to Yes. It stays always at No entry.

Is this a known issue?

Also if I create a run time of it in oder to publish my programm it is not possible to change the COM port
inide the COM-Port component (COM-Port Number) later on. It stays always with the COM Port number that was defined during programming.

BR
Dirk
Happy FC9, FC-8 and FC-6 professional user ;)

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: APP-Developer COM Port component

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Best wishes for 2021 to you!

Do you mean the "Refresh COM Ports" property? I believe setting this to "Yes" updates the COM port list (just in case anything has been added or removed since the last update) and then changes its own value back to "No" once this update has occurred. This way, it acts like a button press to refresh the list of COM ports.

When you create a Flowcode App, have you exposed the COM port property so it is accessible in the deployed app? Do this by right-clicking the "COM Port" property and select "Expose to top level" before you deploy the app. Then you should be able to change this property by the properties pane in your deployed app.

Alternatively, you could create another way of choosing the appropriate COM port and set the property value programmatically within your deployed app. But this is probably more work.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,
Also if I create a run time of it in oder to publish my programm it is not possible to change the COM port
inide the COM-Port component (COM-Port Number) later on. It stays always with the COM Port number that was defined during programming.
When you create a Flowcode App, have you exposed the COM port property so it is accessible in the deployed app? Do this by right-clicking the "COM Port" property and select "Expose to top level" before you deploy the app. Then you should be able to change this property by the properties pane in your deployed app.
I mention exposing properties here in this video if it helps. Starting from around 5:10 in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXysN7JVElE

dvcam99

Post by dvcam99 »

Hi Ben,
Hi Steve,

many thanks!! Works!!

Expose to top level was the solution!!

Understood refresh Com port now too.

BR

Dirk
Happy FC9, FC-8 and FC-6 professional user ;)