MCP356X Software hangs.

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
SpeedPIC32
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

MCP356X Software hangs.

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

According to the specified range, the MCP356X should manage an OV of 2048 at 10SPS. see list 1024 is still running

Greetings
SpeedPic32
over.png
over.png (331.81 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
over2.png
over2.png (212.01 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Attachments
MCP356x_1.fcfx
(13.81 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

SpeedPIC32

Re: MCP356X Software hangs.

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

I would like to point out again that the error has not yet been corrected.
I really don't find this funny anymore

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Sorry you've not had a reply. You might need to explain what the problem is as it's not clear from your original post.

SpeedPIC32

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Hello Steve
sorry for bringing up the same issue again here.
In the Frorum under: Feature Requests "MCP3561/2/4 MCP3564 Click Board"
but since a long time (NOV 15, 2021) nothing happens here.

thank you very much for at least getting in touch and hopefully something will happen.

It could also be that no one has understood me?

With kind regards
SpeedPic32

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I think you mean this post?
https://www.flowcode.co.uk/forums/viewt ... 4574#p4574

I've re-read that and it seems like you have it working, so I don't understand the issue. This thread is titled "software hangs", but again, I don't know what you mean. Are you referring to Flowcode itself, or to your program when it is running in hardware?

I'm not sure I'll personally be able to help with your project as I do not have the hardware, but for others helping it might help them if you explained the exact issue you are having, preferably with a cut-down example project that exhibits the problem.

But also remember that if the issue is with your own program, then we are limited in how we can help. We can give general pointers, and we'll certainly try to fix bugs in Flowcode. However, at the end of the day I hope you understand we are not here to provide a free consultancy service.

SpeedPIC32

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Yes I mean this post
A librarie was created by Ben.
It does not work flawlessly
The input for the offset error and gain error function is not explained. What should be entered there and where do I get the values.
I even think that the chip calculates the values itself if you address the register in the chip correctly.
I can only use the possibilities of the chip to a limited extent with this library.
That's what I'm trying to say.
For example, if I want to use the possibility of oversambling, which the chip can do without further ado,
see the excerpt from the data sheet, in the properties of the library, I get stuck in the query of the input values from the chip. When I look at the transfers on the SPI lines, there are a lot of transfers or queries. I think that the chip is constantly being queried by the library to see if there is new data. Since I want to have a new value 10 times a second or even faster, the library is triggered again before it has determined that the chip is providing new data, the software hangs.
I have written this query loop without the library. It runs up to the limit of the chip
I have attached 2 programmes in the post with the name ADC 9 Click BEN_1 makes the image Ben1.PNG
ADC 9 Click SpeedPic32_1 makes the picture SpeedPic32_1
Ben_1 reads a value every 501 msec with 2048 oversampling ratio
SpeedPic32 read a value every 100 msec with 49152 oversampling ratio

I hope you understand what I mean.
Under Config_MCP3564, I have specifically designated the registers addressed.

With kind regards
SpeedPic32