Simulation push switch or slide switch

Discuss PC Developer and Web Developer projects and features here.
Fenix100
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Simulation push switch or slide switch

Post by Fenix100 »

Hi,
I have a problem with poor response when I press a simulation push switch or slide switch. If I press sequentially, the switch occasionally fails.
Is there a solution?
If it is possible to add more switches to the FC9, with a more modern design?
Regards

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Simulation push switch or slide switch

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Please post a project which replicates the issue and we'll see what the problem is.

Fenix100

Post by Fenix100 »

When I press the switch for the first time, the button occasionally does not respond after starting the application, or when I press the mouse quickly, the green light does not come on accidentally or the slide switch does not switch. The error occurs in the simulation or in the application. I am only attaching the program with the switch.

So far I have used ProfiLab-Expert 4.0 from Abacom to communicate with PIC microcontrollers and it has worked great.
Attachments
TEST3.rar
(61.12 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
TEST3.fcsx
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I can replicate the issue with the switches failing to register a mouse click if I really try hard to make my mouse click as brief as possible. For normal action it seems fine. It should be ok if you click "normally".

Regarding your comment about more switches with a more modern design, can you give some examples of what you mean?

Fenix100

Post by Fenix100 »

If i press and release the push button and press and hold it quickly, the green LED never lights up....
I am attaching a picture of various push buttons and displays from the Profilab program. Very interesting is the active surface, which can be set to any size on dashboard.
Attachments
PUSH BUTTONS.jpg
PUSH BUTTONS.jpg (17.09 KiB) Viewed 4240 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Here's some Flowcode switch examples I was working on earlier in the summer.
switches.png
switches.png (99.73 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
These are based on the existing switch component, but allow for full customisation of colours/fonts, use of images (external or internal), and optional 'thumb'. I have recently implemented switches with an animated switch action too.

These features kind-of exist in the latest v9 release, but are hidden as they are not finished and are being kept for v10. As a teaser, the following program should work in the latest v9 release. It shows these new switch types and shows how they can be used (at the moment, you can only interact with them using Flowcode's Built-in Function API calls). I'm sharing this here as a 'teaser' only and don't suggest you use these in your existing projects.
switch primitive test 2.fcfx
(19.71 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

wayne_millard

Post by wayne_millard »

Hi flowcode.

It's a real shame that we have to wait for the next release of flowcode which is a long way off. When we could do with some more choice of buttons which I did ask for months ago. :(

Wayne M

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Attached is a very simple component that exposes the new hidden switch features. The component source is attached as well as the compiled component. This is unofficial and unsupported, but you can use it if you like.
Attachments
SwitchPrimitive.fcsx
(15 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
newswitch.fcpx
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Fenix100

Post by Fenix100 »

Thanks for the switches. I would also need push buttons..

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

You can use the same component without the 'thumb' and using images. That way you can make it look like a push-switch or whatever you want.