Pico Toolchain. What version of ARM GNU Toolchain

Use this section to discuss your embedded Flowcode projects.
dogboy
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Pico Toolchain. What version of ARM GNU Toolchain

Post by dogboy »

Hello,

I am new to Flow code but not new to Embedded systems using the PICO, ARM and PICS etc.

I am trying to setup Flow code to work with the RPi Pico.
But I am slightly confused as to what ARM GNU toolchain I should install and what other versions of the general toolchain I need.

The docs I have read suggests 10-2020-Q4 Major, the the ARM GNU sites suggest this is replaced.

Any guidance with what I need to install and what versions would be a great help.
Even if someone can just confirm what is suggested in the Flow code Pico Guide is correct, would be helpful.

Thanks

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Pico Toolchain. What version of ARM GNU Toolchain

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Following the "Install Toolchain" guides available here https://www.flowcode.co.uk/wiki/index.p ... _Toolchain I have installed and used the Pico on numerous machines.

Once downloaded and installed, under Global Options set your path to C:\Pico\pico-sdk (as an example of where mine resides)

Do note though that my installs were clean on new machines.

Hope this helps

Regards

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Pico Toolchain. What version of ARM GNU Toolchain

Post by medelec35 »

Hello.
The flowcode guide is correct as the toolchain path is set within the batch file that is used for programming devices.
The stated toolchain works with Flowcode components, there is no guarantee that later versions won't break things.
We will be looking at updating toolchains, but there will be a lot of work involved, so it won't be a quick process.
Martin