ESP toolcain!

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
monie
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

ESP toolcain!

Post by monie »

Hello!

WIn11.
I have just tryed to install ESP toolchain and have follow the guide. When I compile to the target I get this error message, How can I solve this?

Monie
Attachments
Compiler Messages.jpg
Compiler Messages.jpg (38.46 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: ESP toolcain!

Post by medelec35 »

Hello.
That could be caused by the ESP toolchain not being correctly installed.
If it does not work after rebooting your PC then Can you uninstall all, including python, and follow my post here
Martin

niedian

Post by niedian »

I have the same problem. I was confused. It's been going on for a long time and I don't know how to solve it. :( :( :(

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi.
First I would recommend uninstalling the toolcain and python and starting again.
Then the installation instructions, I would suggest downloading the toolchain form here instead.
You should have two separate directories.
one for esp and one for tools.
E.g I have:

Code: Select all

C:\esp-idf

C:\esp-idf-tools
Don't have the tools folder within the esp-idf folder, they must be kept separate.
Install IDF with a version lower than 4.2 e.g 4.1 release
If you are not sure on the installed versions including git and python, you will need to run ESP-IDF Command Prompt
This can be found on your desktop.
Alternatively, press your windows key and scroll down to ESP-IDF, select it, and you should see the ESP-IDF Command Prompt.
Type

idf.py --version
then the enter key

Git --version
then the enter key

python --version
then the enter key

If you have the correct version of ESP IDF, you could try entering within the ESP-IDF command prompt

install.bat esp32
Martin

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

For info, I've just installed Flowcode V9 and the 3rd party ESP toolchain on a fresh Win11 laptop and I can confirm it's working. I used the 4.1.3 release when given the options.

However, the installation did fail with a return code of 2 the first time I tried running the installer. I think this was because I set the installation going and then left the PC, so perhaps I missed the questions to install Git and PowerShell which were maybe auto-dismissed.

After restarting the PC and then running the installer again, I did get to say "yes" to the questions about Git and PowerShell, and the installer completed successfully. And after pointing Flowcode to the correct location of the ESP toolchain, I was able to successfully compile a simple ESP project.

Hopefully this info and medelec35's posts will help others who are having problems.

monie

Post by monie »

Hi!

I have now tryed to uninstall and reinstall the EspToll chain several time, I follow the guide step by step, still not possible to compile.
I have guide the parh via Wiev>global setting >location. Same error every time. Please help.

Monie
Attachments
Test.msg.txt
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Last edited by chipfryer27 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Delete sensitive information such as license etc in attached file

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

The esp tools don't look to have installed correctly (export.bat and idf.py not found). If you try from a command line (Windows key, cmd) - have a look in the esp directory (which FC has as users\sun\.espressif\)

If there is a file 'install.bat' - try running that (so from command line just cd to the install directory and then type 'install' (without the quotes)

It's definitely a black art getting a setup working - I had to run the installation multiple times - so once you have it working make a backup!

Martin

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Hi Monie,

I'm sorry about the problems you are having. I wish we could make it easier, but that toolchain is ours to control.

Some thoughts - did you use the ESP installer that is on our website from this page? Did you receive and accept the prompts for Git and Windows PowerShell? What version of ESP-IDF did you install when prompted (v4.1.3 worked for me)? Were there any errors reported at any stage of the installation process?

When I successfully installed this yesterday, I followed our instructions exactly - including the locations (i.e. C:\esp-idf and C:\esp-idf-tools). Perhaps you could try that?

monie

Post by monie »

Hi Steve/Martin!

First I uninstall ESP and Pyton. Then I install the Steve´s version of ESP NOt help. THen I try to run Martin´s advice to install from ESP-4.3 CMD
same error. Could i be my Antivirus program ESET Internet SECURITY ?

Please.

Monie
Attachments
Compiler Messages ESP32.jpg
Compiler Messages ESP32.jpg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (22.9 KiB) Viewed 1756 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I use ESET on some PCs and have not noticed it being a problem.

So are you saying that when you used the ESP installer I told you about, you received no errors during the lengthy installation process and also correctly received and accepted the 2 prompts for elevation (for Git and for Windows PowerShell)?

And also, did you install it in the locations in the instructions? - i.e. C:\esp-idf and C:\esp-idf-tools