I3C Component

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
Brendan
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

I3C Component

Post by Brendan »

Hi team.

Just a quickie to suggest a convenient I3C component, with each dashboard instance defined by the third line used for targeted communication.

With I2C backwards compatibility, it's certainly an easy workaround by separately activating the third line for affected devices, though I do see emerging devices that feature I3C.

I anticipate a relatively simple modification to the I2C component to directly support I3C, permitting multiple dashboard instances that share SDA/SCL but labelled according to target devices, with options box for the third line in the parameters field that effectively defines each instance, and added features in the dashboard icon tree that directly supports other aspects unique to I3C (e.g. set slave address, get BCR, get DCR, etc..etc..).

As I say... not essential with custom macros, but just a thought :)

Many thanks,
Brendan

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: I3C Component

Post by BenR »

Hi Brendan,

I3C sounds interesting, I hadn't come across it before. Do you have a device in mind that requires it?

Not sure what you mean by this.
with each dashboard instance defined by the third line used for targeted communication

Should be easy enough to implement, looks like we would have to have a new property that set if the bus was I2C or I3C e.g. open collector or fully driven and in fully driven mode allow faster speeds etc.

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor

Re: I3C Component

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben, Hi Brendan

For my next project I like to use a LSM6DSV in a faster mode like I3C or SPI

LSM6DSV has a i3c and a flowcode component with i2c is already available

I could do a test at any time with I3C or spi

I would use an ESP32 but if there is a faster processor I could also change.
Maybe there is a better one?

regards

Stefan

https://www.st.com/resource/en/applica ... onics.pdf